CMDance is looking for volunteers for the 2019 year. Volunteers will get provide a check ‘deposit’ to be returned upon completion of duties. If you are interested in working at the event, please read the following information, and fill out This Form. Feel free to direct any questions to [email protected] (Event Director).
- You will need to write a check in the amount of a standard pass to the event $189 or a dance pass price $99 depending on the pass you are hoping to volunteer for. If you are unable to write a check, paypal payments will also be allowed but note that it takes a few days for the refund to process.
- Workers at the event will be comped back at a rate $10-15/hr of work completed depending on duty accomplished. Setting up floors, tearing down dance floors, and driving will be comped at the higher rate.
- Workers are required to fulfill between 15-19 hours for a full weekend pass, and between 9-10 hours for a dance pass.
- Most shifts are 1 hour blocks of time, some shifts require a 2-3 hour block of time, which will be indicated in the schedule when signing up for shifts.
- Once the schedule has been finalized, the volunteer is required to cover their shift if they are no longer able to work for a time that they signed up for. You are still required to cover the minimum amount of hours, so swapping with another volunteer is acceptable. Any changes must be notified to event volunteer manager.
- Volunteers are responsible for managing their own schedule. i.e. Don’t sign up for a shift during contest prelims if you are competing.
- All volunteers must adhere to responsibilities provided to workers prior to the event.
- All volunteers are representatives of CMDance, it’s mission and standards, which means you will conduct yourself with professional, courteous, and appropriate behavior for a work-place environment.